- PRASCEND® (pergolide mesylate) [package insert]. St. Joseph, MO: Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.; 2011.
- PRASCEND® (pergolide mesylate) [Freedom of Information Summary]. St Joseph, MO: Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.; 2011.
Prascend (Pergolide) Tablet 1mg Box of 160 Tablets
Prascend (Pergolide) Tablets contain the drug Pergolide Mesylate for the control of clinical signs associated with Pituitary Pars Intermedia Dysfunction (Equine Cushing’s Disease) in horses. Each Prascend Tablet contains 1 mg Pergolide USP in the form of Pergolide Mesylate (1.305mg). Prascend requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
by Boehringer Ingelheim
- PRASCEND is the first and only medicine available in the US that is fully approved by the FDA to treat pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction (more commonly called PPID or equine Cushing's disease) in horses.
- As part of the FDA approval process, PRASCEND was rigorously tested to prove its safety and effectiveness in reducing signs of PPID in horses.
- When you treat your horse with PRASCEND under guidance from your veterinarian, you can rest assured that you're giving your equine friend a medicine that is tested and trusted to work safely and consistently.
- Study results really mean that you can feel confident giving your horse PRASCEND to control signs of PPID!
- It may help get your horse back to his healthy, happy self again.
Easy to use
- Conveniently packaged, scored PRASCEND tablets have a validated shelf life and remain at a consistent, effective strength through their noted expiration dates.
- Tablets are easy to administer.
- PRASCEND delivers the reassurance of FDA approval and consistency in dosing.
- For a small investment per day, get horses back to their old selves again by giving a proven safe, stable, and effective tablet that’s easy to include in their normal feeding routine.
Not for use in humans. Pregnant or lactating women should wear gloves when administering this product. It has been reported that pergolide tablets may cause eye irritation, an irritating smell, or headache when Prascend Tablets are split or crushed. Prascend Tablets should not be crushed due to the potential for increased human exposure and care should be taken to minimize exposure when splitting tablets. Consult a physician in case of accidental ingestion by humans.
Is Prascend dosed in Pergolide base or Pergolide Mesylate?
Each Prascend Tablet contains 1 mg Pergolide USP (often called Pergolide base) in the form of Pergolide Mesylate (1.305mg).
Does Prascend require a prescription?
Are there alternative treatments for my PPID horse?
Yes, compounded Pergolide Mesylate capsules, powder, and liquid suspension are available. You may also want to disguss with your vet if other treatment options such a Cabergoline Injection, Cyproheptadine, or Trilostane are a good option for your horse.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery & ReturnCutoff for same day shipping is 2:00 pm MST each day.
We work hard to keep shipping affordable by providing a variety of options, extending to you our volume-discounted shipping rates, and charging a modest handling fee of $1/order to cover packaging and handling.
USPS First Class Mail, when available, will generally provide you with the best value. First Class Mail is an air service and is very reasonably priced. Please note that the Postal Service does not guarantee delivery times for First Class Mail but estimates 2-5 delivery days.
FedEx delivers Ground shipments to homes 7 days a week and Air shipments Monday through Friday.
When you select FedEx 2Day, the shipping days start the day after your order is shipped and only include days when FedEx will deliver to your business/residence. For example, if you place an order and select FedEx 2Day and your order ships on a Thursday, you will receive your order on Monday.
If you select FedEx Overnight for an order that ships on Friday, you will receive your order on Monday. The US Postal Service does not insure their shipments.
Your satisfaction is our first priority. If you aren't 100% satisfied with your purchase, you may return the items you ordered at any time up to 30 days from the date of purchase.
The cost of shipping returns back to ThrivingPets is the client's responsibility.
We cannot accept returns or exchanges on prescription products by law. ThrivingPets will be happy to replace any medication you received that is incorrect or damaged. We may provide a refund or credit toward a future order on a case-by-case basis.
OVER 2,000 PRESCRIPTION AND OVER-THE-COUNTER PET PRODUCTS. BEST PRICES.
ThrivingPets is a US pet medication supplier serving pet families since 2006. We’re your home for all the veterinary medications and supplies you need. We compound medications and supply over the counter and prescription medications and medical supplies straight to your home. We have everything your pet needs at amazing prices, every day. And with AutoShip & Save, we are making it even easier to help your pet thrive with convenient, automatic deliveries. Depend on ThrivingPets for the most reliable and up-to-date information on chronic conditions, a full range of products for your pet in stock and ready to ship, and the best value on every medication your pet needs. We love pets and we love to see them thrive.